John Crepps Wickliff Beckham Letters,1906-1916
- John Crepps Wickliff Beckham Letters,1906-1916
- Beckham, John Crepps Wickliffe, 1869-1940
- 2 items
- Lindsay, William, 1835-1909.
- Sunday legislation-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Kentucky governor and United States senator. Included are a 26 May 1906 letter to Charles Stoll of Louisville acknowledging him on his recent action to enforce Sunday closing laws; and an 11 March 1916 letter to Eleanor Holmes Lindsay responding to her request for his support of a resolution to provide an appropriation to erect a monument at Judge Lindsay's grave, and stating that he is in no position to take part in this matter