"How the War Commenced" broadside
- "How the War Commenced" broadside
- 1864 October
- 0.1 Cubic feet
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Collection is arranged by format.
- Preferred Citation
- 2012MS052: [identification of item], "How the War Commenced" broadside, 1864 October, University of Kentucky Special Collections.
- University of Kentucky
- Biography / History
- The American Civil War (1861-1865) was fought between the Northern and Southern states of the United States of America. Major causes of the Civil War include slavery and states rights.
- Scope and Content
- The collection consists of a broadside entitled How the War Commenced, and How Near it is Ended. The text concerns the state of the Civil War as of October 1864.
Restrictions on Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access
- Conditions Governing Access note Collection is open to researchers by appointment.
- Use Restrictions
- The physical rights to the materials in this collection are held by the University of Kentucky Special Collections.
No items have been requested.
Researchers are encouraged to request collections at least 48 business hours in advance for retrieval. Questions? Contact us at https://libraries.uky.edu/ContactSCRC.