Red Bird Mission, Missionary Conference Directors' Files,ca. 1941-1980 (bulk 1946-1976)
- Red Bird Mission, Missionary Conference Directors' Files,ca. 1941-1980 (bulk 1946-1976)
- Red Bird Mission
- 6 microfilm reels
- Social settlements -- Red Bird Mission
- Red Bird Notes (newsletter)
- Mines and mining, strip
- Bell County, Kentucky -- Social settlements
- Missions, Methodist -- Red Bird Missionary Conference
- Missions, Methodist -- Kentucky Missionary Conference
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: staff; machine-readable finding aid created by:M. Plarr
- Berea College
- Scope and Content
- These records document the Red Bird Mission (1941 - 1973), the Kentucky Missionary Conference (1955 - 1968), and the Red Bird Missionary Conference (1968 - 1977).
- Red Bird Mission records include annual reports (1941 - 1951); annual council meeting minutes and reports (1953 - 1974); budgets and financial reports (1950 - 1977); minutes and reports of the Appalachian Development Committee (1971 - 1974); and materials from the Commission on Religion in Appalachia (1972 - 1974).
- Kentucky Missionary Conference records include annual reports (1955 - 1967); budgets and financial reports (1955 - 1967); Board of Missions minutes (1955 - 1961) and Council of Administration minutes (1955 - 1968).
- Red Bird Missionary Conference materials include annual sessions minutes and reports (1968 - 1978); budgets and financial reports (1973 - 1978); Council on Ministries, minutes and reports (1973 - 1976); and Council on Finance and Administration, minutes (1973 - 1977).
- Also present are publications, including copies of RED BIRD NOTES (1933 - 1952), staff memoranda and meeting minutes (1947 - 1960); and strip mining information files (1970 - 1974) gathered by John Bischoff.